Check out http://www.icarkits.com to see the current design. You can pull content and ideas from http://www.mp3yourcar.com, http://www.carplayer.com, http://www.neocaraudio.com. We are looking for the best FRESH design (not based on other sites) to encourage people to select their vehicle.
This is my first of many contests and I am quite happy with how professional a lot of the designs are. I really want to see everyone continue updating designs in the coming days without fear of a complete loss so all designs submitted after Aug 5th 12:00am PST may be selected for Second or Third Place as well:
First Place - $805 (As outlined)
Second Place - $400 (PayPal or Check)
Third Place - $200 (PayPal or Check)
One person can win multiple prizes if the designs are completely different and not derivatives of one another. Good Luck!!!
All designers please see my comment below from the usability expert. His opinion will determine the final design, I am just here to help in the meantime. It is now OK to put the iPod anywhere between LEFT and CENTERED but not to the right side.
These designers should continue to submit designs:
The rest: Better luck next time and thanks for all the great submissions.
GURANTEED PRIZE .
1. Visit icarkits.com to grasp the product and needs.
2. Design from scratch but integrate our iPod selection tool
If you get 4 stars:
3. Polish the design.
The list of "what I want" and "what I dont want" is based on design principals for building sites with good conversion rates. They are not set in stone, but just a good roadmap to follow for anyone who has not designed explicitly around conversion. Feel free to do your own thing if you have solid experience designing around conversion goals.
- Company logo and home link appear near upper left corner.
- Phone number near upper-right corner.
- Use sans serif fonts (10-12pt) such as Arial, Helvetica, or Geneva for body text.
- Human face with a short space for testimonial.
- Convey "Free Shipping" in a location where the special can be rotated out for something else.
- We need to let iPhone users know it works for them too.
- Do not use serif fonts such as Times Roman, Courier, or Palatino.
- Do not use a wide range of font styles, colors, or sizes.
- Do not use underlines in regular text.
- Do not justify paragraphs of text to create equal-length lines.