Golf Online Denmark
Golf Online is the largest online golf community in Denmark with a large amount of traffic every day.
The current design is outdated and we want to revitalize the website by upgrading the design, structure and platform.
We seek a cutting-edge user experience on the new site and would rather be daring than dull.
They have supported us for many years and we want to provide them with the best forum, course information, market and news.
As a user at http://golfonline.dk/ the discussion with fellow golfers and the exchange of tips is a great motivational factor. They are here, because it is a personal experience and not just another golf news website.
1. The design must be based on a grid from http://960.gs.
2. We want something green, light and personal. We are building this for golf enthusiasts and they must feel this is THEIR SITE and not just a place they visit.
3. For the design contest, we need a front page, a subpage (course guide) some details.
4. New layout of front page, 960px wide and with space for standard banners.
5. Focus on these sections: a) News, b) Market, c) Course Guide, d) Forum. Just keep it in English - we can do the translation afterwards.
6. Don't be afraid to use a large font for headlines. Font substitution for headlines is okay.
SUBPAGE: COURSE GUIDE
7. See the current guide here (section page and subpages): http://www.golfonline.dk/klub/default.asp. Feel free to clean up and revise anything - but you can see the course guide details on the subpages.
8. Consider the scenario that a user will travel and visit three golf courses during a weekend. How do you find the golf courses, save the information you need and how can you re-find the information when you get back to the website next time?
9. Comments to a golf course. After visit the golf course, how to you comment on your visit, what you liked and disliked about the course?
That's it. :-)
See above requirements:
1. Front page
2. Subpage: Course Guide.
- Great user community
- Design is outdated
- Platform must be replaced
- Page design is messy. Should be cleaner and clearer
- Does not have the extra magic that makes you remember the page
I would recommend looking at:
- Other golf websites
- Other community sites
...but not too much!
I would rather see design innovation than a copy. ;-)