A new fundraising company who aims to raise funds for worthy charitable organisations via a website which features a different cause every day. The site will not only give exposure for smaller charities to a wider audience, but also provide website visitors with an opportunity to read about a different charitable cause every day and to optionally donate to that cause without the requirement of signing up to make recurring payments.
Organisations featured on the site will represent a wide range of causes, including wildlife, environmental and human aid. Basically anybody who might benefit from increased awareness and funding.
Primary audience are donaters... ie people that might be willing to donate to the day's listed cause. It could include people new to the site, or people who have visited the site before.
Secondary audience are the charitable organisations themselves. They will be visiting the site prior to signing on with us. They will range from wild life and other environmental groups to human aid organisations both local and abroad.
Looking for a fairly simple website design along the lines of catchoftheday.com.au or zazz.com.au - The menu, side panel, featured item, logo, etc. are all the sort of layout I want.
- Logo at top left/right (see attached files)
- Must feature slogan: "Changing the world, one day at a time" - near logo is probably the best place for it.
- Colour scheme to match logo. Feel free to introduce other colours at your own discretion.
Menu must feature:
- Today's Cause
- About Us
- My Account
- Contact Us
Side panel must feature:
- 24hour Countdown
- User login (and registration link)
- News/Blog headings (with link to full article)
- Past Cause headings (with link to full article)
In main content panel:
- Top has a featured item/cause with 3 preview images next to a single large image (where preview images will ultimately appear as the user mouseover's)
- Next to images is "Donate Today!" button, with optional text of "(because tomorrow is too late)"
- Underneath top featured item/cause is a small menu with two options - "Today's Cause" and "About this Organisation"
- Underneath this small menu is the content pane... heading and text.
- If you can find a place to put "supported organisations", that would be awesome. I envision a small container that would hold 1-3 logos. Letting people know that we raise for Unicef / Red Cross will add credibility