Penny Auctions (Undecided)
(1) PROJECT BRIEFING
• A penny auction site for vacations, which would be a combination of JetSetters.com (vacations) and SwipeBids.com (penny auctions)
• What are penny auctions? Visit: http://www.swipebids.com/landing.php?catid=11
• Trips for auctions will be all-inclusive 7 days’ vacation packages – including flight, accommodation, and food for two people
• The website will have three auction tiers – low (economy trip + 3-4 star hotel), medium (economy trip + 4-4.5 star hotel), and luxury (first class + 5 star hotel) that visitors can bid on
• Visitors must purchase bids in packs, with each bid they make costing them $0.60
• Every time someone places a bid, the countdown adds 10 seconds to the remaining time
• The winner only pays the final bid for the trip – so if a trip costs us $10k and the final bid is $1k, the final bidder saves him or herself $9k
»» We make a profit since each bid placed costs $0.60. So a $1k winning bid might take 10,000 bids -- yielding us $60,000 ($0.6/bid x 10,000 bids) from the bids placed + $1,000 from the winning bidder.
(2) TARGET AUDIENCE
• 20-40 year old, working-class audience (both males and females)
• We want to lure them in with pictures of exotic vacations at very discounted prices
• People seeking a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience that's beyond what they could normally afford
(3) MAIN PAGE GUIDELINES
• A very graphical description should be at the top of the page, explaining how penny auctions work and the huge discounts possible
• In the description area somewhere, a small space must be provided to embed penny auction coverage in the news (dimensions are flexible): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhvwRSZmDM
• Below the description, should be three featured auctions – one for each of the tiers (low, medium and luxury). The auction should have a large thumbnail (around 200px wide) for the vacation destination and a countdown on it, along with the destination name.
• Underneath the featured auctions will be several more auctions for each one of the tiers
• There could be testimonial columns on both sides of the page stretching all the way down
• We are completely flexible to your choice of colours, as long as it’s visually captivating
(iv) SECOND PAGE GUIDELINES
• A page with more pictures and a thorough explanation of what the vacation package includes.
«« WE ONLY NEED THE MAIN FEATURES INCORPORATED IN THE DESIGN (IE. EXPLANATION, FEATURED LISTINGS, NON-FEATURED LISTINGS) – YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE YOUR CREATIVITY FOR THE LAYOUT AND DESIGN »»