We're a fresh new Aussie company about to jump into the online furniture business. We'll be specialising in quality mainly timber dining, living, lounge room furniture, with really competitive prices.
We started designing our site, but just can't seem to nail the holy grail.
Enter the awesome creative force that is 99designs - you're going to design our site for us!
We need to be modern, fresh, but still professional. Web 2.0 like but without looking like a passing fad.
*** remember, design only, we dont need any html or css work ***
Check out http://126.96.36.199/ (looks best in firefox - hasnt been optimised for ie yet)
This started off OK but we're not at all happy with the end product.
You can continue where we finished, fix out mistakes and make it look awesome, OR
You can start from scratch and bring something completely different to the table
TOTALLY UP TO YOU
You can choose the colour scheme, the font (though the boss does like Calibri, even if just for the headings), the layout, the copy (all the text on the site we just made up as a demo), or you can use what we did (the whole "Easy as 123" thing might work?). Totally your call.
Its just meant to be an intro/home page, with a quick explanation of who we are and what we do, and then some featured products, and a call to action to check out the rest of our range.
The photos we used there are just off sxc.hu or something, use them if you want, get others if you need - just need placeholders.
Any questions? PM or commend, and i'll get back asap.
We like clean, simple sites, that are still beautiful.
Sites we really like (not furniture related, i know, but they are awesome):
- http://forabeautifulweb.com/We also like the idea of a wide, centred site, targeted at newer monitor resolutions, kind of like the demo we have up at the moment, and similar to the first two sites listed above.
Also, dont change the logo. This is not actually our company logo, but it is the same basic idea:
- #000000 text on a #FFFFFF background
- the colours E51B24 and 0068B3 are used, but minimally.
- You canuse these colours in the design if you want, but you dont have to. Justbear in mind that the logo has a white background, and this cannotchange. The whole section where the logo is **does not** have to be white(even though we did it in the demo), but it must fit well.
- Cannot look like a template!!!!!!!
- Dont change the logo - see above
- If you use stock photography of people (or anything else for that matter), make sure its not tacky - we hate the ever-present smiling customer service agen with the headset on. ARRRRGGGHH!