Need a website designed for a good quality neighborhood restaurant
The restaurant's mission is as follows (this text can be used on the site):
"Homemade food cooked to order, using locally sourced ingredients where possible, keeping an eye on our carbon footprint, playing some good tunes and having a happy work force."
The vibe is down-to-earth quality food for breakfast and lunch crowd 7 days a week. The design should be simple, clean and non-cluttered to reflect the non-fussy nature of the restaurant.
A resource pack is available here: http://www.herbstreet.ie/resources.zip
The resource pack contains:
- The logo that should be used. The logo colors should inform the color scheme of the site. The logo font is Univers 55 Roman which is a commercial font, so for the site we'd need something similar that's freely available. Please note that herbstreet is all one word and that the h is lowercase at all times including when used in sentences.
- Sample PDF menus.
- A sample set of photos that will be used in the gallery, but can be used as inspiration for the site design.
- A selection of published reviews.There's also a full set of photos (150Mb download !) here: http://www.herbstreet.ie/allphotos.zip
The site will comprise the following pages:
- Find Us
- GalleryWe need one sample page done up that can be used as the template for the other pages, so the home page should be reusable as a content page without any redesign.
- Public herbstreet reviews on menupages.ie: http://www.menupages.ie/search/rest…treet.aspx
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dubli…0956744272
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/herbstreet
- List should be expandable.
Chunky ratatouille tart (v,n,s) €11.50
A warm puff pastry tart with roast Mediterranean vegetables, handmade Irish Cooneen cheese & spiced almonds, served with a baby leaf salad
Seafood platter (low g.i.,s,n) €12.95
Grilled sardines in our own tomato sauce on toast, crab and coriander salad and smoked salmon on homemade brown bread.
herbstreet burger and chips (n) €13.95
6Oz of prime Irish beef, grilled medium well, in a homemade sesame seed bun, with burger sauce, gherkin, red onion and tomato. Includes 2 toppings:
Smoked bacon, sautéed onions, jalapeno peppers, Cashel blue,
fried egg, Irish cheddar or guacamole.
s = contains a superfood
n = contains nuts,
v = vegetarian,
low g.i. = suitable for a low glycaemic index diet.
- Clean, professional, modern, original design - 1 template page that can be used for all pages on the site
- Restaurant is forward thinking with use of Facebook and Twitter, so design should reflect this edginess (but not look like a technology site !)
- The supplied logo should be incorporated but not modified (other than sizing) and the logo colors should inform the design color scheme.
- A vertical links panel should be available on all pages that will contain links to the restaurant's Facebook page, latest entries from the restaurant's Twitter feed, a small version of the Google map that will link to the Find us page
- Reusable content boxes / panels
- Just the layered PSD is what we're looking for here, but anyone offering to also cut up the images or even code CSS and HTML will have an advantage.
- The nav elements should use text rather than images so that the nav menu can easily change over time.
- Design should be centered in the page and fixed width up to 950px wide
- Logo redesign
- Common template designs - be fresh and edgy
- Lame stock photos
- Designs that look good as flat images, but are a nightmare to code