We're a small virtual company with a cool new product : Lego meets SimCity.
Our primary target is a 20-35yo man who
• Played with LEGO® as a boy and remembers it fondly
• Works on a computer, so is comfortable online
• Has some disposable income
• Might agree that spending his free time playing a video game or watching a movie/TV is “a waste of time”
Our pitch to him is that Parvia is
• Constructive: you enjoy building and feel you have accomplished something.
• Creative/Imaginative: it is your own vision that you are designing. We want him to see himself as the architect of a miniature town, as its designer and builder.
• Casual: does not require much time, space, money,skill or patience, and it’s not an obsessive antisocial hobby like model railroading, miniature wargaming, etc.
• Social: it’s fun to do with a buddy, your girlfriend/wife or an adolescent child, and you’ll be proud to show off the result.
• Fun: it’s fun to snap the pieces together, and the result looks very cool.
• Not for young kids, not for retired guys, and not only for geeks.
• We're global, and this will be translated
The primary aim is to make the existing Home page look better, esthetically, but we're not interested in redesigning it. Feel free to make small changes to content, but not gratuitous ones.
For example, we feel that
a. Scrolling is a far easier and more intuitive way to display multiple images than a slide show
b. site-related stuff (sign in, nav, etc) is LESS important than product stuff
c. The goal of the Home page is to arouse his interest in learning more about the product, NOT to fulfill a sale
Home page, using the existing Home page at http://www.parvia.com as a design template.
Use the existing images, text, and links