We have a network of professional guides and outfitters in the hunting, fishing, white water rafting, and hiking (outdoors) space. These outfitters are very well vetted and provide guide services, mechandise recommendations, lodging accomodations, and even refer real estate. The service can also handle booking.
Our target audience is a consumer looking to hire a professional guide or outfitter. Our consumer wants to have confidence that the company they are going to hire will take care of their needs. They are looking to fish, hunt, white water raft, hike, etc. They will want to feel confident that the outfitter is competent, knows where to go, will have the neccessary equipment, lodging, and can even refer real estate and mechandise.
Definition of a Guide / Outfitter: This is a person(s) who provides services in the outdoors for a type of activity. (hunting, fishing, canoeing, rafting, hiking, etc). They often times provide lodging services and give advice on what gear to buy/bring.
We have some existing work done to help you as a designer along, but we want a much more polished product. You can either take the existing look and clean it up or start with a fresh new approach.
We are really wanting to focus in on our Outfitter Website - the landing, marketing and information page for a specific outfitter in our network. The outfitter website should contain the following elements:
1) Overall description of the outfitter - pictures and descriptions of the outfitter
2) A Calendar that allows the user to click on date that are available for booking
3) A "Gear Store" that shows off equipment that the outfitter feels the consumer should use on the trip - i.e. "recommended gear".
4) A Section that shows off the "packages" - which are clearly defined outings that the guide takes customers on - i.e. 3 day saltwater fishing trip.
5) A section that show off real estate that is in the area for sale and for lease
6) Past trips
7) Weather reports
8) Refer a friend
9) Social media
10) Book a trip
11) Get back to the national search
12) Lodging page, pictures and desciption
Once you have the site developed, we would like 4 different "skins".
one for hunting, one for fishing, one for general outdoors, one for water.
Page 1) Outfitter Home page
-This page should focus on the outfitter themselves, who they are, what they do, where they are and pictures. It should have sections for the following: FAQs, Features of the outfitters, Lodging details, Refer a friend, email site to a friend etc.
- A key component of this main page is reference to the "Packages". A package is a tangible representation of a trip. i.e. a 3 day salt water fish. It is described in detail on an additional page below.
- Another key component is the Gear Store - which will show equipment
Page 2) Package Detail Page
- Details about the package - how long, how much, pictures, past trip reports, maps, current weather, refer a friend, message boards, sharing capability to social media
Page 3) Gear Store Page
- Gear Details - pictures price etc...
Page 4) Detail page for Real Estate
- Real Estate Details
Page 5) Outfitter Search Results Page (See exisiting page below)
-Once a person has given what and where they want to do something, this page will display the guides and outfitters who fit the criteria that the user has defined. This should allow the user to easily see not only the outfitters that fall into the criteria, but also the real estate that is for sale that falls into the same criteria, and finally also the real estate that is for lease that falls into the same criteria.
http://www.unitedoutdoors.com - works better with firefox browser...
This is a concept site that will help the creative talent get a feel for what we are after.
http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=1723 Orvis --- little too busy