We need a new website template. We want the site to reflect how we're different. Our differentiator is our user experience. Many of our competitors have long lists of categories and users have to trawl through huge libraries of images. We want to make it simple to find the image you're looking for. That way users want to come back to get more images to reflect their mood at any given time. The site design should reflect the young, fun, quirky energy of the brand.
My Display Image
Desired Color Scheme:
The site needs to appeal to boys and girls
We particularly like innovative web designs with a clean and simple user experience. One of our favourites is http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk. We love the pencil sketch marks used in the Innocent site.
We also like these sites because they have personality:
Accepted File Formats:
Photoshop or Fireworks
WHERE WE'RE AT...
We've started redesigning the website already, drawing inspiration from Innocent Drinks(www.innocentdrinks.co.uk). At the moment it's looking far too similar so we need your expertise to design something a little different and 'polish up' the images/design - how different is up to you. We don't have the design skills needed to bring that magic touch to the site. What we know for sure is that we want to move away from the existing look and feel that you'll find at http://www.mydisplayimage.com.
Download the new pages we've been working on and our logo here:
Our target audience are male and female with the primary audience being aged 13-25.
- Page 1: Category pages displaying max 6 images at once
- Page 2: Page the user arrives at when they click on an image to find out more e.g. the download image page
Page 1: Users will click on a category to view images (6 maximum). They can scroll through pages or rate an image. If they like an image they can click on to get to Page 2
Page 2: Users can either copy HTML text (for blogs), save the image (for IM/email) or rate the image. We'll also have an Amazon style experience where we'll show 4 related images that the user might like.
- Logo and logo colours should remain the same
- Site colours can be changed
- We like clean simple fonts. Fonts must be HTML web fonts (e.g. verdana, arial, times new roman etc)
- Top navigation menu items are images, aways, news, members, affiliates and faqs (any font can be used)
- Left hand navigation requires HTML font and should be a list of image categories (approx 10) some of which may have sub navigation
- Six images per page on category pages
- 'Next' button or button that shows user they're at page 1/3 on category pages where there are for example 18 images in a category
- Each image has a name and a 'by' field for the user generated content (membership functionality for users to upload their own images is coming to the site soon)
- Rating/Voting system required for users to rate images (stars), suggested that users mouse over and click on how many stars they'd like to vote on
- Google ads will be used on this site
- Search function so users can search the site for images
- Flags to show site is available translated into French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, German
Site can be designed to 1024 x 768 standard