I have attached a wireframe, sample website, and their logo.
Also, please look at these examples for websites we like:
We really like how the images "pop" out of these sites. We love the use of a big image that uses gradients and colored brushes on top or around the picture to make room for the "call to action" (like "Call Us Now For an Appointment". Then use faded gradients around the image to integrate the heading and form for them to fill out. The images fill out the space. They are big.
If you follow the article on "polish", we will love your design:
They want a professional site since they deal with business executives. They are a consulting firm. They like graphs (like their bad logo), of graphs or arrows moving "upwards" from bottom left to upper right.
1. Generate leads for the consulting business.
2. Be an on-line brochure to answer questions and interest visitors.
Top 5 things we need:
1. Phone number prominent with a "call to action", to fill out the form to get a free phone analysis on their business
2. Show blog entries below the fold
3. show testimonials
4. Social buttons to easily join facebook, twitter, buzz.
5. Her bio and mission statement
Functionally, this is everything the home page needs (refer to the wireframe)
1. Logo, Phone #, and space for 3 - 5 pages in the top header.
2. Beautiful picture w/ call to action and an arrow or something subtle to point to the form on the right. The image should be of large office building, professionals, conference rooms, etc. The image should fill the space.
3. a form containing a header, smaller description, name, phone, email, submit button and privacy statement.
4. Under that, a place for the main blog and a sidebar.
I attached a samples of a recent site that is the wrong idea, but has all the functionality and polish we require.
The logo I attached is ugly and I don't like the colors. You can choose to use it or to change it to fit your design. If you come up with another logo, I will give you an extra reward!
I can't say it enough - imagery and polish, imagery and polish. I want it to look like it was created in 2010.