Cómo paulzander comenzó su viaje en diseño de página web
Nombre de la empresa
We have spent a long time looking for problems that are not solved yet online and there aren't too many: At TodayDoc you will be able to say when and where you want to see a doctor - and we will come up with exactly that appointment. No more being put on hold, no more browsing through yelp forever.
We will not (never) have a bidding system where the doctor who pays more, gets more patients. We don't want that. We want to be a service that patients can trust. We work on a cooperation that would give users the possibility to choose the best doctor for their condition. The business model is to sell patient leads to doctors. Those doctors should perceive us as a partner, who has a deep understanding of their problems and processes.
In order to be perceived as a partner of trust, we want to offer some content (some on the start page, which is part of the contest, some in a section called "education", which is not part of the contest). Also, this should help us to be better SEO’d.
We strongly believe in the power of photos. We think that working with the right photos (I'd recommend trustworthy looking people, faces in close-up) will be very important to create trust among patients and doctors.
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
Everybody needs a doctor from time to time, so the target group is broad. But: People from cities, who commute and need a doctor in the city where they work (and therefore don't have friends or family to ask), people who have moved recently, or people who work a lot and have a tight schedule are more likely to use our service. So our site should especially appeal to the urban, working, perhaps even travelling crowd.
As we will do online marketing (mostly Search Engine Marketing) to attract people to our site, most people will not know our brand but come as they are looking for a doctor. A big chunk of the traffic that we will be leading to us comes from people originally looking for recommendations. Those people have to understand in the first fragment of a second what TodayDoc is about. Our conversion rate is a significant factor for success or failure! So please focus on guiding the user through the process of generating the relevant information to the offered appointments.
- as a basis for your work, please take the mockups that I have uploaded at: http://hernanharo.aptanacloud.com if you come up with better alternatives that work, great, if you think the mockups are good, use them as they are - I'd be happy too. If you do something completely different, I will not like it too much.
- examples I like: http://www.zocdoc.com, http://www.1800dentist.com, http://www.docshop.com
- I think that a light blue would be a good color (people understand easily that the website is about doctors). Look at the logo at http://hernanharo.aptanacloud.com - if you want to use it (you may change colors!), please do so, if you have another idea, please go ahead!
- a clear and well structured process in which people understand what they are doing there and why they have to put in data.
- good big photos (of faces, if you agree) that communicate trustworthiness.
- a centered layout (not left aligned)
- final artwork in Adobe Illustrator (.ai) or Adobe Photoshop (.psd) format
- If you can, please add a personal touch with original icons, illustrations, photos.
- use intense colors to direct the users eye on the important stuff (like the "search"-button)
- cheesy stockphotos that look like stockphotos
- too many different colors or fonts
- aggressive colors - please use strong colors only to focus the eye on the most important stuff
- don't be innovative when there is the danger of distracting - this is a tool, not an entertainment channel
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte