No Drugs No Pain
Our website sells books on natural and alternative healthcare. All our books are written in collaboration with doctors and by actual people who have healed their chronic ailments using lifestyle and diet changes etc.
Most people when diagnosed with a chronic disease are left at the mercy of the pharmaceutical industry whose products often treat only symptoms and not the cause, are expensive, and have dangerous side-effects.
On the other end of spectrum are the scam and voodoo industry which claim to cure all by eating things like tiger claws or rhino horns etc. We don't sell any products besides the actual books themselves, and thus are not influenced by any "miracle cure powder" or supplement manufacturers.
We aim to provide a safe and natural alternative to those who seek reprieve from modern medicine. And do this by removing the confusion that exists on the internet, and provide simple, clear, and authoritative guides written by professional doctors and by actual people who have healed themselves.
Profile of our site visitors:
This is an audience who is already dissatisfied with the traditional modern healthcare, and is actively looking for natural alternatives.
60% Female, 40% Male
Ages are very evenly split. 30% 18-34 yrs old, 30% 35-49 yrs old, 30% 50+ yrs old.
Predominantly Caucasians (80%), mix of other races make up the rest 20%.
Annual Household Income $ - 50% have less than 60K , 25% have 60-100K, 25% have more than 100K
Even split for college education. 54% have a college degree and 46% don't.
Visitors come from 21 countries. The main ones are US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Western Europe.
1. The number 1 requirement is conversion goals. Every page in this project has one specific purpose. And your design (specific numbers specified below) needs to beat the current pages.
2. The site has to be pleasure inducing. Visitors should love the looks of the site, and want to navigate it. So beauty and function. We will provide the focused and specific single function for each page. You provide the beauty. Beauty is subjective, so we have provided below a list of sample sites which made us go WOW with delight. These are the sites whose look and feel you need to reproduce.
3. A large proportion of our users are middle aged or older, and they are not internet savvy.
So large and clear text will be good. Clear, simple, and uncluttered layout will be nice as well. Anything that could confuse your parents on this site for example, would probably not go well with our site audience either.
4. We like Green color.
5. All text needs to have the "engraved" look like on apple.com
6. All primary goal buttons should be high up on screen. Meaning visible with no vertical scrolling needed on a 1024X768 screen. There should be no horizontal scrolling required at all.
7. Very Important: Trust factor. The site should look legit and inspire trust. The internet is full of spammy and scammy sites peddling "snake oil cures" So a pro look and attention to fine details is important.
Also look at the attached document for instructions on using security and trust icons like "McAfee", "Verisign", "128 bit encryption" etc. on the sales page to inspire even more trust.
Concept for each page is in the attached document. The details below will make complete sense when you see the attached document.
All pages have same header and footer.
The header logo is inspired from Mint.com. Please use an appropriate green leaf logo and stylized lettering for the text.
The footer has icons for Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feed plus copyright text, and a few links like "About, Terms and Conditions" etc. Only Page1 (the home page) has the Facebook, Twitter, RSS icons. The other pages will only have the copyright text and Footer links.
Page 1: The primary goal of this page is to get people to click on the button "Get Started"
The "3 Steps" idea comes from http://cardmunch.com/
The "What is it, Who is it for, Why use it" idea comes from http://squarespace.com
Page 2: The primary goal is to get people to submit their name and email in the form. Current version of this page converts at 18%. Your design should beat this.
Page 3: You don't have to design this page. I am only including it in the attached doc for clarity purposes to show how people will navigate through the site.
Page 4: The primary purpose of this page is to get people to click "Add to the Cart" button. Current version of this page converts at 10.1% Your design should beat this.
The top bar on pages 2-4 is also inspired from Mint.com. Please incorporate a similar design.
Mint.com is the gold standard here. Except for the crazy shade of green they use as the page background color, everything else is fabulous in terms of beauty and fine attention to details.
And finally: The current site gets 300 visitors per day right now in its test phase. It will get 2000+ visitors per day when it goes live with your design. For the winning design we will be happy to include a credit towards your website saying something like "This site designed by John Doe" in the footer. That should help you in your business we hope!
We encourage you to ask questions if anything is not clear.
Thank you for participating in this project. Good Luck!