My wife and I are both researchers and published authors who have developed a comprehensive memory improvement program. Our program uses practical, step-by-step training to teach people how to dramatically improve their memory ability.
We've done previous work & research at institutions including The Smithsonian, Brown University, Princeton, & NYU.
Our approach is to offer a more credible, trustworthy, and friendly :-) alternative to the somewhat "slimy" or "scam-ish" memory improvement programs on the market today by combining the latest in scientific brain research with the best elements of practical memory training.
At the same time, our target consumer is not interested in a theoretical, boring academic treatise on the brain.
So, we want to clearly communicate that our solution is a practical, step-by-step memory training system intended for regular people who want to dramatically improve their memory ability.
This project request is to create a SINGLE LANDING PAGE for our site.
The single goal of this landing page is to get visitors to complete our call to action: Sign up to receive our "Free Memory Improvement Kit" (actual language subject to change)
I've uploaded a VERY BAD mock up to give you an idea of the site layout/colors we're interested in and the elements we're looking for - (But we want something MUCH more polished, stylish, & professional, please :-).
Our target audience is primarily educated, young professionals 18-34 who are deeply interested in personal development.
Our audience is primarily comprised of:
(1) individuals in technical professions (medicine, law, engineering, IT, etc.) which require learning & memorizing vast amounts of technical data;
(2) graduate students -- particularly those studying for qualifying exams (MCAT, LSAT, Bar Exams, etc.);
(3) performers & presenters who need to regularly memorize speeches, scripts & presentations; and
(4) teachers, sales professionals, and others who need to remember vast numbers of new names & faces in their professions.
Our single most important successful direct competitor is http://www.pmemory.com
We'd like to develop a more credible, professional-looking site infused with human personality & friendliness -- Our site should inspire immediate trust and confidence (with total transparency as to who we are) to the consumer as *the* authority in our market.
And of course, we would like our site to be substantially unique so as to not be accused of plagiarizing.
Professionally-designed version of my quick & dirty mock up. (something MUCH more polished, stylish, & professional, please :-).
*Actual text & product 'hero shot' in mock-up for illustrative purposes only
Feel free to move elements around, but keep in mind primary intended eye path: Logo --> Photo --> Headline --> Hero Shot --> Call to Action Button
We like red, gray, and black on primarily white background.
1. NAV Bar - Easily Editable. NO graphics for mouseover or select.
2. Logo (provided)
3. My Photo(s) -- please re-size/enhance as necessary (provided)
4. NO stock images please
5. Call to Action Button - Large/Bold/Stylish & Text Easily Editable.
6. Trust Elements - I'd like to see some options (I provided audible.com's trust elements as an example.)
7. Phone #
8. Authority Points (pls use high-res logos):
The Levesque's previous work & research conducted at: Brown University, Princeton University, The Smithsonian, New York University, Parson's New School of Design, Hong Kong University
The Levesque's previous work and research covered by The Wall Street Journal, The Brownsville Herald, The NH Union Leader, American Pediatric Society Society, History Magazine, Brown Alumni Magazine
Please ask LOTS of questions! I will be personally monitoring this contest VERY closely, and I promise prompt, thoughtful feedback for each design submitted!
- Ryan :-)