AllYourBase necesitaba un nuevo diseño de página web codificada y lanzó un concurso de diseño en 99designs.
Un ganador ha sido elegido entre 40 diseños de 10 diseñadores freelance.
Design and develop a clean-looking site to house content that teaches consumers how they can do their own private investigation in the modern world. This must be a clean, easy to navigate and use site, and it must allow for easy expandability for the developers.
The site does not yet have a name or logo. Supply a logo PSD with modifiable text.
Tagline should also be in the logo PSD with modifiable text.
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
Project Overview:Design and develop a clean-looking site to house content that teaches consumers how they can do their own private investigation in the modern world.Â Â This must be a clean, easy to navigate and use site, and it must allow for easy expandability for the developers.
The site will be based on a book written by a verteran private investigator.Â The contents of this book are written below:
- Site design must be clean, and based on the classic design rule of 1/3 text, 1/3 blank space, and 1/3 graphics.Â The goal is to make the content easily digestible by the average consumer.
- The site should not be too busy.
- Embedded in the "chapter" content will be picturesÂ with footers, additional content blurbs, and links.Â Think of this like a text book or newspaper, where the content will be able to cleanly "wrap" around these cells.
- No frames or flash.
- Site navigation must be text-based and easily extensible.Â In other words, if a new chapter must be added, this has to easily be accomodated in the navigation.Â (In other words: we have the HTML skills to do this, if we can understand your code).
- CSS Note: Headers and subheaders should use H1 and H2 tags respectively.Â Other main titlesÂ should followÂ with H3, etc...
- Please incorporate text-based navigation links in the footer.
- Use some professional discretion in your choice of stock-images.Â 9 out of 10 stock images look like what they are: cheesy foreign stock models.
- HOME PAGE: Essentially, a clean "topic sentence" /Â preview of theÂ entireÂ site.Â The message will be benefit driven.Â
- Widely available pre-built templates are for the most part frowned upon.Â If you have your own templates that are not in wide circulation (on sites like template monster, etc), this can be overlooked.
- In addition to the code, all images, fonts, PSDs, etc must be properly liscensed and delivered.Â Use free fonts, or fonts includedÂ with Photoshop 7.0.Â Do not include copyrighted, expensive fonts in your design.Â
- By entering this contest, you affirm that you are the legal owner and creator of the entry.
- By entering this contest, you affirm that you have permission to use all images, and all images used have been legally obtained.Â You also affirmÂ that all images may be legally used in the future by the site owner/publisher.
- Winner will supply a signed contract, assigning copyright to the contest-holder, before payment is issued. The designer, in writing, will also warrant the originality of the artwork.
- Contest winners will supply full name, address, and phone number before payment is issued, in the event of a copyright.Good luck.Â Thanks for your time and entries.
CONTENTS OF BOOK / SITE
- Chapter 1: Your Right to Know.Â Who will benefit from the information in this survival guide? You will.PART I:
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES NECESSARY FOR LIVING AT HOME
- Chapter 2: Finding Someone. Where to look if you've lost touch with a parent, child, high school friend, errant spouse or former co-worker.
- Chapter 3: Their Cheating Hearts. Ways to know if your partner is cheating on you or hiding assets.
- Chapter 4: Domestic Violence. When to oust an abusive mate, seek counseling, and get medical aid.
- Chapter 5: Personal Security. Being and feeling safe in your home and car.
- Chapter 6: Common Frauds. Knowing about con artists and their schemes is the first step in avoiding them. The second step is to know what to do if you get outfoxed.
- Chapter 7: Money Wise. Sure-fire money-saving and investment tips.
- Chapter 8: The Right Lawyer.Â When you need legal representation, here's how to find the best.
- Chapter 9: Adoption. Navigating the complexities of placing a child for adoption, who can adopt, how long it takes and how much it costs.
- Chapter 10: Troubled Teens. Warning signs that a child is troubled or likely to run away.PART II:
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES NECESSARY FOR LIVING:
- Chapter 11: Child Care. How to choose a caretaker for your child while you're on the job.
- Chapter 12: Safety at Work.Â One third of your day is spent on the job. Make sure you're secure.
- Chapter 13: Sexual Harassment.Â Protecting you and your employees from unwanted verbal or physical contact III the office.
- Chapter 14: Establishing Policies.Â How to draw up and follow policies designed to create a comfortable work environment.PART III:
FINDING HELP WHEN YOU CAN'T DO IT ALLÂ Â YOURSELF
- Chapter 15: The Truth about Private Investigators. What does a private investigator do and why would you ever need one?
- Chapter 16: Steps to Hiring a Private Investigator