The Tavern at Lark Creek will be a vibrant gathering place offering top quality farm to table American food. The setting is an 1888 Victorian house, nestled in a redwood grove. Food is consistent with other Bay Area top restaurants, but prices are affordable (entrees top out at $15). A wood-burning oven is a feature--lending a bit of smoke and ambiance to food and dining room alike. The bar is a destination in its own right--offering artisan cocktails, craft brews and great value wines.
¿Qué te inspira y qué diseño imaginas para tu empresa?
The Lark Creek Inn is closing and being reconcepted as The Tavern at Lark Creek (emphasis on "The Tavern"). After a 20 year run under our ownership and an additional 18 years with another opperator (but the same name) it is time to signal that things have changed. We want to appeal to a younger, hipper audience. We want to feel au courant without completely loosing connection to the timeless design of the house or the beauty of the redwood grove location. This is not an urban setting, so "street art" concepts aren't right, but we're trying to move away from the old fashioned look of the previous identity.
Lo que desea
- Item 1...We would like a logo with type treatment that can be used in a variety of ways. We have a 36" X 72" vertical format street sign (painted on wood) that the new logo needs to go on--and of course we need to accommodate the other normal uses: web logo, logo printed on menus, business cards, envelopes and stationary.
- Colors are at your discretion, but should not be garish.
- We have explored a variety of conceptual directions: pop art, WPA-era posters, National Park Service Posters, American Gothic. We're open to all good ideas.
- The name needs to be easy to read!
- We want to appeal to a younger demographic--our current demo skews older--lots of 45-60 year olds. We want to be sure to appeal to the 30-44 year olds.
- Words to keep in mind: American, organic, farm to table, redwoods, bar, wood oven, seasonal
- Might incorporate the outline of Mount Tamalpais (it has a distinctive profile, look it up on Wikipedia)
- look at our website to get a sense of what are restaurants are like--www.larkcreek.com
- Adobe Illustrator preferred
- cute, whimsy too overtly representational.
- garish colors (but color is OK)
- something that won't reproduce well in a variety of sizes