Meaning of our brand:
- "maxi" (from "maximum") carry out the idea of full/complete/whole/general/important
- "foot" (from "football") directly links to european soccer
We are two fans of soccer who have managed the website http://www.maxifoot.com/ for several years. It's a content website with many articles and news, results, etc...
We are working on a new design for our website and we need a new logo to help us developping a new identity (more PROFESSIONNEL) for our brand.
Our audience is men (90%), mainly 25-45 (50%).
Our target is firstly soccer's fans but we also want to acquire a professional and high quality brand image in order to convince marketing directors and advertising agency to buy advertising on our website (and we hope they will love to associate their products to our brand).
We'd like our logo to express the following values: sport, seriousness (of our informations), professionalism, present-day
- The new logo must keep a little relationship with our current logo (in terms of colour tones and/or font and/or soccerplayer silouette) so everybody (even people who only see our current logo few times) will say: "this is the new logo of Maxifoot".
Obvioulsy, we let you the possibility to change everything you want (general shape, font family, size, weight, style, colour, border, ... and we have no preference between uppercase/lowercase) and eventually have little effects (relief, shadow, gradation, ...) despite of the general feeling expresses a kinship with our current logo.
VERY IMPORTANT: The MAIN element is the text "maxifoot" (so the typeface should be clear/legible, quite simple, bold and as distinctive as possible). You will take very carefull at the typeface of the logo. It's the MOST important.
- 3 colour tones (with a blue dominant)
- We'll like to have ONE (1) little element additional setting that would suggest "soccer".
This element could be integrated (or not) in the logotype (in the typeface). Also, by exemple, a soccerplayer silhouette, based on the shape of the soccerplayer which is on our current logo but more stylized/original in the spirit of NBA logo is possible (in this case, a ball must be added next to the left leg, below the right leg).
Ideally this element could be used alone to represent our brand.
- vectoriel format, font file (if it's not a free font) and layered source supplied
- the brief said "3 colour tones (with a blue dominant)". It doesn't mean that the logotype must be blue. You could ALSO choose, BY EXAMPLE, a white logotype on a blue background
- no shoe, no mirror effects
VERY IMPORTANT - if you put a soccerplayer silhouette or a ball, it has to be not too "realistic" (no clipart/ no photo, please). It's better if it's a little thing who goes a little "abstract" and the "imaginary". The logo need to be very professionnal and simple.
### ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS TO COMPLETE THE BRIEF (1er september 9h am)
For the last step (for NEW creations or UPDATED creations), we would like to impose some restrictions.
1- dimensions of the height = approximately 3 times the width (e.g. 300x100, 600x200, etc...)
2- the text "maxifoot" should AT LEAST represent 75% of the total logo lengths (e.g. 75% of the heigh OR 75% of the width)
3- only "black & white" version of the logo (we would like to compare only the effects without to be influenced by the colors choice, we will see that for the final step).
4- no longer effects/creation on the "X" letter (this doesn't mean we will eliminate logos with a creation on the "X", but as 90% are now of the creations are based on the "X", so we would like ALSO others things / ideas)
5- no playersoccer too much identifiable (if you choose one, not easy that resultat reach the goal !)
We confirm that the most important is the text/font about maxifoot (always uppercase or lowercase), and symbolize something who recall/evoke/redolent our sector.
Thanks you for your work !