Oradan is a web start up, spawned out of our belief that life’s hassles happen due to a lack of adequate information.
We aim to provide a directory with a rating and review system, paired with editorial content in the form of expert guides.
In essence, we want the website to encourage conversation between users and vendors – a platform where users post their comments and vendors respond and/or provide expert advice.
What does Oradan mean?
Ora (Talking) is taken from the Greek prefix of words like oral, oracle, orator. Ora also means coast in Latin, and its double meaning serves as both setting and attitude for the user experience.
Dan (Directory) is Chinese for list and Japanese for discussion (and also in martial arts to denote ranking).
Taken apart, Oradan is:
• Ora = Prefix in oral, oracle, orator
• Ora = Coast in Latin
• Dan = List in Chinese
• Dan = Discussion or Talk in Japanese
• Dan = Ranking system in Budo (Japanese martial arts)
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
Broken down into two groups consisting of:
• Come to the site looking for expert advice and reliable reviews
• Providers of review and ratings
• Well-acquainted with web technology
• Oradan’s clients
• Looking for professional representation (ads & directory listings)
• Interact with their customers on the site
• Typography logo, with the letter ‘O’ being the main ‘symbol’
• ‘O’ needs to be able to stand alone, yet not disjointed when used with the full word ie people must not read Radan
• Feel free to play around with fonts and clever typography
• Either the ‘O’ or the entire logo should be able to act as a watermark
• Must work in solid black and white (no greys)
• Solid colours (preferably not more than 2) No gradients.
• Not boxed up
• Logo should be able to appear with tagline ‘The Talking Directory’ or by itself
• We’re partial to the colour combination of turquoise and brown (colours of the coast), but we welcome all suggestions
• If you’re submitting in colour, please also provide a black and white version
• Submissions in .ai (CMYK) .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
For reference (not necessary to include in logo design), the Chinese and Japanese characters for Dan are:
单 - chinese for list
談 - japanese/ chinese for talk (same character)
段 - japanese for rank (read as duan4 in chinese)
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte