I have a roughed out logo which was made with Pixelmator. I am attaching an Pixelmator PSD document and a PNG of our current logo design.
All of the elements in this design are necessary because they have meaning that is incorporated into our website and our organization. The name of our website and organization is "Commonwealth of Heaven”. Everything in the design is representative of items quoted in the Holy Bible. The elements in the design and their meaning are as follows:
1. The overall design is related to the ancient Labarum of Constantine.
2. There is a golden cross on which all of the other elements reside. The top and two sides of the cross have flared ends like nail heads.
3. On top of the cross are the Greek letters Chi Rho which are the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ. The Chi is turned sideways.
4. Hanging from the cross is a banner with two horizontal equal fields. The upper one is white for clouds and the lower one is blue for the blue planet Earth.
5. On the banner is a 7 candle Menorah representing the Menorah in the original tabernacle built by Moses. It has 10 bulbs in its stems which stored oil for e wicks.
The center wick burns taller and represents the Messiah.
6. The 7 candles of the Menorah also represent the 7 churches in the final book of the Bible. The 7 silver six pointed stars above the candles represent the 7 angels of the seven churches.
7. The Menorah has straight candles and not curved ones. The flames have small reflectors behind them to shine the light forward and toward the center.
8. The Menorah base is a three leg footstool which rest on the field of blue representing the footstool of the King of Heaven sitting on the Earth.
9. The side and top boarder of the banner are a blood red representing the passover blood of a lamb on a door frame.
10. The bottom fringe of the banner is gold mingled with red.
11. The golden crown represents the Kingship of Jesus.
12. The golden key represents the Keys of the Kingdom.
The colors are the primary design colors colors used throughout our website. The Greek letters on top could be slightly smaller. The Key needs to be sharper. The crown could be made to look better. The center leg on the base of the Menorah needs to be centered. The bottom of the cross looks a little crooked. The whole cross could be a little thicker, The red side and top boarder could be a little wider. The overall proportions of the logo could be made a little more balanced. Everything needs to be sharpened and polished up.
We are open to suggestions to improve the design that maintain the message and integrity of our purpose.
The logo will have to show up on a variety of backgrounds.
The logo must be sharp enough to be used for a multitude of formats:
1. Website logo
2. Web Clip
4. Full screen
For the winning artist we will have more work in the coming months.