Yannis Larios Photography
Let me first thank you in advance for participating in this project. As an “art-person” I really appreciate your input and insight.
I am a high-end landscape art photographer, exhibiting my photography at http://www.larios.gr . At the top of my website, you will find my current logo that I have prepared by myself.
I am currently expanding my photography business to provide “boutique” upscale wedding photography services. The purpose of my wedding photography business is to be able to differentiate myself in my wider metropolitan city area (5 mil. people), on the basis of very high quality, emotive-art wedding photography which differs from the stereotypical cheesy shots of other wedding photographers around.
I want to entice new couples to select me on quality, differentiation, class but also on being modern and close to their younger-attitudes and life-style versus the boring, conventional “stereotypical” style of competitor photographers. The same of course applies to my landscape art clients.
The new logo should be able to address both my target groups, ie. people interested in wedding photography and also people interested in my landscape/ art photography.
Young soon-to-be-married couples seeking a highly-perceived wedding photographer, who can capture the emotive aspects of their wedding through high-class artful photography. The photography business is directed towards the upper middle class and upper class market. The target audience would be booking weddings at upscale locations. The logo should have strong brand recognition.
High-end Clients seeking to buy landscape photography art
I am looking for a logo to represent my wedding photography business: Yannis Larios Photography. The logo will be used in all marketing material.
- Logo needs to be legible, clean, unique and recognizable as a brand
- It should have some modern twist, but should emit “high-class”
- Should be easily identifiable in black/ dark background (such as in http://www.larios.gr) and in white background. Thus, two versions are needed
- Logo should also include some element/ icon apart from text.
- Maybe initials Y L or only the “L” could play some “game” in the logo but this is not obligatory.
- Experiment with different types of fonts
- Ability to resize (vector based). Able to be placed on a business card/watermark.
- No greys or dull colors.
- I seem to prefer sharp, clean, and sometimes modern looking fonts. But, be creative!
- Do not use any stock images or cheap looking clip art in the logo
- No feminine colors
- The logo must lend to a horizontal layout
The files required are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK) – black and white background versions
Print file format - .eps (CMYK) – black and white background versions
Web file format - .jpg (RGB very high resolution) - black and white background versions
Print file - layered .psd (RGB) - black and white background versions