The Red Pin
The Red Pin is a consumer facing Real Estate website for Canada. It brings all available homes in the market, under one umbrella and allows the consumers to research and find the home which suits them best. On top of the homes on the market, The Red Pin provides School information customized for each home as well as investment reports/data again customized to the selected home.
- The Red Pin is currently focused on new homes (ie, pre-construction and under-construction high-rise, mid-rise, low-rise and custom homes). It will be expanding to the re-sale market in the future.
- There are several websites in the US which provide similar services and to get a better idea of these services, please visit:
- http://www.trulia.com/ (These guys do something interesting with their logo. They use their logo as identifying pins, which spot the homes on the map. Do a simple search and you'll see their search results on a map with the pins)
Consumers who are looking for new/resale homes and want to research the market before their purchase.
- We need to convey a fresh new look/web 2.0ish look. This is a web 2.0 style site, but it does not have a cartoony style design. Elements are not very large. It's got a simple & elegant design with font sizes similar to facebook. Hence we'd like a logo that resembles the same image (Web 2.0ish but not cartooney. A new fresh/elegant look).
- We need your CREATIVITY here.
We'd like a unique pin in our logo. We also want to use the same pin to show found search results on the map. So keep in mind that we could have 30-40 pins on the map at a time.
1- we like the pin to appear beside the name (NOT on top of it)
2- in terms of the way the name is written (font, style) we really like submission #12. Lower-case fonts, with the p stretched as a stopping point to our slogan.
3 - we like the red dot for the "i" in "pin"
4- we like our pin to communicate the fact this is a website about homes, and we would like to be able to "re-use" the same pin on our maps in the website to show locations and homes
- We need to be able to put the logo on our website/business cards/letter heads/marketing materials. The logo must be designed so that it can also be scaled down clearly for a mobile app.
- We are thinking of having a tag-line like ("Find your way home"), which can come right under the logo (if you think it works well)