We're the largest trade association for medical coders, billers, auditors and those dealing with the business side of medicine.
Medical industry (physicians, practices, clinics, hospitals, and reimbursement/billing staff within those locations). Mostly women currently, but is changing as our business expands. We are open to softer logos, fonts and pastels given the current audience.
1. We want to modify our current logo
2. The logo should maintain the current circle icon (although we are open to "updating" it and making it a little more current looking)
2. Quite simply the main modification is to go from a written out "American Academy of Professional Coders" to only the acronym "AAPC"
3. Winning design would maintain the professional look required for a medical organization logo, but attempt to do some font modifications to stylize the lettering, and might try to minimally update the icon circle.
Note: Primary color should remain the blue as shown or a variation of the blue (lighter/darker/different pantone). However, it is not imperative that the complete logo remain a single color. In fact, we are open to a secondary color for either the "AAPC" or the circle icon (lighter blue, grey, black, completely different color). We do want a shade of blue to be the primary color for our brand.
One more note: You are also welcome to try something completely different with the circle icon, however, we're really trying to keep "AAPC" as that is our brand (and do away with "American Academy of Professional Coders").
I've attached a few files:
1. Our current logo as an EPS file (AcademyLogo-660_U.eps)
2. Our current logo as a gif (AcademyLogo-660.gif)
3. A few quick logo variations we tried (Logos.pdf). This is close to what we want, but needs a designers touch