PlaceMatters believes in informed, equitable, and effective citizen engagement in increasingly complex land use planning situations. We work to ensure that communities and organizations design and implement processes that garner broad public involvement and support and lead to sustainable, livable communities.
What is our mission?
We help communities make informed, inclusive decisions that foster sustainable vibrant communities.
● As practitioners, our mission is to provide communities/regions/partners with consultation, design, implementation and evaluation of decision-making processes focusing on sustainability and community planning that are better informed and more inclusive.
● As innovators, our mission is to develop cutting edge new decision-support tools and techniques, adapt existing tools and techniques, and transfer and scale these innovations into practice.
● As thought leaders, our mission is to advance the art and science of decision-making in community sustainability and decision support by taking our on-the-ground experiences, innovations, ideas, and experiments and sharing them with others interested in sustainability and community planning.
● Better Decisions, Better Future
● Community Sustainability and Vitality Through Improved Decisio
PlaceMatters has three main groups: the Solutions Group, the Decision Lab and the PlaceMatters Institute. These groups work with the following markets and audiences:
1. Solutions Group: Municipal/regional staff and officials who make decisions about community planning and development and sustainability-oriented projects and other practitioners in the planning, urban design, community sustainability, and civic participation fields.
2. Decision Lab: Funders and communities interested in innovation in planning, sustainability, tool development. Also municipal/regional staff and officials involved with community planning and sustainability-oriented projects; practitioners in decision-support; tool developers; other practitioners in planning, urban design, community sustainability, decision-support and civic participation fields; and leading thinkers and practitioners in those fields.
3. PlaceMatters Institute: Leading thinkers and practitioners in the sustainable planning, urban design, decision support and civic participation fields.
Help us with our brand identity!!
See attached PDF including several experiments with our logos and product lines to date. Need a graphic artists eye and creativity.
If you want to see a couple of videos of our staff in action, see:
We will use the logo ideas to then launch a 99 Designs revamp of our website: http://www.placematters.org. This site is built on a Drupal framework.
We really appreciate everyone who takes the time to submit ideas. We will visit this site frequently to make sure to answer any questions.