It's Life Images
I am a former newspaper photojournalist who is starting a wedding and family photography business and need a new logo to match the business.
I want my brand to reflect a fresh, contemporary, energetic, and slightly sophisticated.
I will mostly be marketing to young couples who will be getting married and young new families. I suspect that about 80% of the eyes that will see my branding will be women as they are usually the ones choosing photography for themselves and their families.
This is a completely new market for me so I am sincerely open to all ideas. Give me all that you've got!!
I really plan on being evolved in the process and I will give feedback asap to provide guidance.
Some general thoughts are outlined below:
- Must be a file type that will allow for multiple applications and sizes.
- Must be easy to read and but also not too plain or masculine.
- Please limit the colors to 2-3
- This logo will be used on the website, all marketing materials, invoices, proofs, business cards, etc.
- Please refrain from using cheesy photography symbols in the design like lenses, apertures, film, etc.
- I am open to a crisp, modern typeface, as well as something perhaps a bit softer.
- I am not afraid of color, so please feel free to use some!
20101201 - Update:
After looking at several submissions, I've determined that I would like to designs that reflect a earthy feel to them. Dark browns and shades of green come to mind as well as a leaf or a small tree.
20101203 - Update:
With any future eateries, please be sure to include a monotone version of your design as well as a version against a darker background as seen in entry #88, that would help me out tremendously.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got, go get em ( :