Mozzy Dox, a new web-based documentary production company, needs a kick ass logo to use on its website and marketing materials. We are based in Brooklyn, New York and would like the logo to have a fun urban yet vintage-y feel to it. A logo that would look really sweet on an old worn in t-shirt that you love wearing. That kinda feel...
A mosquito in the logo is key...so have fun with it!
Iwant a logo thats catches your eye instantly. I named my company MozzyDox because "Mozzy" is my nickname. It stands for "mosquito" which ismy middle name. (No joke!) And "Dox" was just a cool way to write"Docs" next to "Mozzy" so people knew we specialized in documentaryshorts.
I'dlike to incorporate a graphic of a mosquito somehow into the logodesign since it's the inspiration for the company name. My feeling isthat it could look really amazing as a silhouette - like the outline orshape of a mosquito, without all the intricate detail included. I'd like to even use the mosquito graphic as the symbol for thecompany on its own - like the apple is for the mac.
I also thought using the "M" in Mozzy to create the legs of the mosquito could be fun to play with as well. But don't let this stop your creativity. I'm open to cool ideas!
All in all, I have more to be developed down the pipe. I'd love for this to be the start of a nice relationship! The logo will appear on the video docs, the website, biz cards, materials, etc.
- A urban, cool, vintage vibe.
- Recognizable mosquito graphic
- Vintage-y colors - more subdued, worn-in colors.
- For instance: http://www.colourlovers.com/palette…port_Cali.
- OR http://www.colourlovers.com/palette…regrets%5D
- Greys instead of blacks, and vanillas instead of whites.
- Something memorable.
- Simple black and white logos.
- Meaningless graphics... no web 2.0 lines or shapes just for the sake of it.
- Images of cameras or films.
- Not techy looking.
- Not complex.
- Not cutesy or cartoonish. Think cool or retro.