True North Climbing Inc.
True North Climbing Inc. will be opening a new rock climbing gym in Toronto. We need a logo to launch our brand and build buzz before we open the facility.
Our target audience is broad, including three main segments:
- parents of children who may want to have their birthday party in our gym
- young (and maybe not so young) professionals looking for a fun, social way to be active
- climbers looking for a great place to climb
The gym will be large, clean, and brightly lit. When you enter the gym there will be a Wow! factor as you see the cool climbing terrain in front of you.
We will emphasize safety, and have a lot of easy climbs for new climbers to succeed on.
This is not a dark, grimy gym aimed at macho expert climbers, but a welcoming place where parents will feel comfortable bringing their kids, and where people who have never climbed won't be afraid to try. The services and amenities will be a little better than what most climbing gyms offer, so we're aiming at the higher end of the climbing market.
I'm thinking of red, black and white as the colour scheme.
My initial concept is a maple leaf made of stone, viewed partly in profile to show that it is thick enough to be strong & solid. It should not look too cartoonish, but more like an actual large boulder shaped like a maple leaf, that you would have fun scrambling onto. I'm thinking of a stylized leaf, like the one on the Canadian flag, rather than a realistic leaf.
The words "True North Climbing" could be wrapped around the leaf in a circle, or they could be stacked up underneath:
perhaps in a rocky font?
I'm open to other concepts as well. I want the logo to look classy, and make people thing that this is a cool place that they want to check out.
The log must be suitable for the following uses:
- web site
- embroidery onto clothing/hats
- printed onto water bottles (single colour version)
- business cards (yes, I know that's a different design contest, but the logo will need to work on a business card - not too much detail to be scaled to that size)
I'd like the logo submitted in Adobe Illustrator format (scalable vector format), as well as JPG images at a few useful resolutions.