G-Force Kickboxing (The attached files are my current logos to give you an idea of what I like.)
John Graden Career
2008 – Author, The Impostor Syndrome: How to Replace Self-Doubt with Self-Confidence and Train Your Brain for Success
2006 – Founder, Pro-Star Mixed Martial Arts
2004 – Founder, Martial Arts Teachers' Association
2003 – Author, The Truth About the Martial Arts Business
1998 – Author, How to Open and Operate a Successful Martial Arts School
1997 – Founder – American Council on Martial Arts (ACMA)
1995 – Founder – Martial Arts Professional Magazine
1994 – Founder – National Association of Professional Martial Artists (NAPMA)
1993 – Author, Black Belt Management
Age 14 - 55 male and female. 80% of the audience is female, so this logo has to appeal to both genders. It can't be intimidating, macho or seem like it's a "guy thing." It will be used on video, apparel, equipment in health clubs and martial arts schools.
I want an athletic look that may hint at Asian roots but that's not required. Think of a sports team logo. Exciting, powerful, in motion and creates a sense that we are larger than we are. BIGNESS!
I'm launching a brand that plays off on my last name Graden. The G-Force element has to be consistent, but the
second element has to be interchangeable.
1. G-Force Kickboxing
2. G-Force Seminars
3. G-Force System
4. G-Force Boxing
5. G-Force Fitness
7. Anything else we come up with so the delivered files should be in .psd so we can edit in Photoshop.
This was in many ways inspired by the band YES who used the YES name
with YES SONG, YES WORLD, YES MUSIC, YES SHOW etc...
With that said, here are the goals with the logo:
1. MMA/UFC is HUGE right now but I do not want that look, but I would
like a bit of an edge.
2. I'm fond of symbolic images such as the Swoosh, Bunny, Apple
3. It can hint to the Asian roots of the martial arts, but should not
be a dominant theme.
4. It will be used in video so it has to lend itself to that dramatic
animation treatment like we see at the open to films for the studios.
5. Ideally, it would be kind of a mix between Film Studios, NFL and
UFC, if that makes any sense.
6. I've attached some of my other logos. Seconds Out is my favorite
for the energy. Pro-Star is good for colors.
Some logos I like:
apple, Tampa Bay Bucs, NFL, Disney, Warner bros,