The TechStyleLAB has been created in the Fashion School to support learning/teaching, research and commercial investigation of digital design and production technologies in the fashion context. The goal of the TechStyleLAB is to create a model for exploring more localized, sustainable and creative digital supply chains for the fashion industry. A key impact of the concept lies in demonstrating how digital design and manufacturing software/hardware can be used in conjunction with rich media interfaces to create dynamic workflows for the on-demand production of textile/fashion products.
The TechStyleLAB houses a range of digital output devices (wide format digital textile printer/embroidery machines/looms) in one collective space to allow for a completely vertical on-demand design/production environment.
TechStyleLAB.org will be the online gateway for anyone to the access TechStyleLAB’s facilities and services. Ultimately, it will be able to support small companies as an ‘incubator’ space to take advantage of combined access to the tools (“labs”). The commercial service is used as a means to generate income to support the TechStyleLAB’s activities, as well as to provide a more meaningful understanding of the commercial and production oriented issues of the technology.
The TechStyleLAB places design and business-led inquiry at the heart of its research directive.
Our primary target audiences for the logo are:
- designers of various disciplines
- businesses (either as customers or as sub-labs)
- makers + crafters
Our secondary target audiences are:
- general audience seeking on-demand textile services
We are looking for a logo that would convey to our target audience:
1. We are an innovative research center focused on learning/teaching/exploring the contexts of fashion, textiles and technology
2. Our young, entrepreneurial spirit
3. Strong focus on research in various fashion and textile areas
4. Dedication to creating and incubating a local and sustainable fashion supply chain
The logo should contain:
- word mark
- visual language that communicates the TechStyleLAB concept with the ability to sub-brand the “labs”
- need the ability to visually communicate that these “labs” are sub-brands and part of the whole branding strategy
convey the following mix: 50% fashion technology + research lab, 30% business/learning center, 10% sophisticated startup, 10% grassroots
Which visual aspects to incorporate:
- We are open in terms of the color palette. Preference for color choices that work with existing Fashion School site at http://www.fashionschool.kent.edu
• Our name, "TechStyleLAB" should be part of the logo (word mark), however, we are primarily looking for a visual graphic "icon" to accompany the name of the company. Simply funky-styled "TechStyleLAB" name will not make for a good logo.
• This brand concept is part of a larger business model that may be deployed commercially; so we are looking for THIS brand package to give more visual weight to the ‘laboratory’ element. For instance, the use of a magnifying glass, etc...
What to avoid:
- Cartoon-like images
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
Would like to see a square form factor, but open to other form factors.