Our name and domain are very descriptive and we'd love to have self-explanatory logo. For example, if you include a graphical element to the logo, it'd be nice if that graphical element explains itself without the text so that someone who sees the graphical element understands immediately what the service/program is about. Also, 95% of our current users want to lose weight. We want to make Home Workout Challenge fun, because people learn new habits faster if something is fun (we want this to be a life changing experience).
If you want to use some character as a graphical element in the logo, I really like the visual look of http://mailchimp.com/. The ape is sympathetic and their UI is very CLEAN (I love simplicity). Remember that our customers want to lose weight, which is the reason why our current homeworkoutchallenge.com girl (who is doing pushups in the head shot) gives us an extremely good conversion rate. She is determined, pretty and in a good shape (our customers want that too).
WHAT IS HOME WORKOUT CHALLENGE?
What makes Home Workout Challenge unique?
* We make courses that last 30-days (it will be life changing month for people)
* Everyone can do exercises, since workouts can be scaled down
* All exercices and content are delivered via email so you just need an email client. That makes it easy to take exercises with you wherever you might be (abroad, hotel, summer cottage, ...)
* We start challenges every month. The very first official challenge starts on January 2012
* We offer a lifetime membership to our own private social network where course attendees can connect with each other and have a peer group
* Because we are using email, we can continuously improve courses
* Movements are simple so that everyone can do them
Our very first course is "30-Day Home Workout Challenge" where no equipment is needed. All exercises are done with body weight. We are also planning to do challenges focusing on different things. You can take "30-Day Home Workout Challenge" with abs focus, or something like that.
Our main audience:
* people who are not that much into sports but are willing to loose weight or get more energy or get more muscle
* people who have tried to go to a gym but have failed
* people who are busy (our exercises last from 4 minutes to 15 minutes)
* people with small children (can be busy and have no time to go to a gym)
* travel a lot (don't want to carry DVDs etc.)
* currently we have more women than men on our mailing lists
Currently we are offering a free mini course here: http://www.homeworkoutchallenge.com/. I just quickly made the layout for that web site. We have quite a high conversion rate.
The logo will be the starting point for our brand.