Hi there! I have a couple ideas for this that I like but have been unable to bring to life because I don't have your mad skillz =]. Sketches are attached, "tPP Logo sketches 2011.03.01.jpg". You can either refine these or come up with your own.
As of March 1, nearly every submission thus far has built upon the "footprint and shoeprint" idea. I would LOVE to see your take on some of the other concepts! I'm especially fond of "9. shoe on spear" right now. Additional:
1. The main point to convey is a meeting of highly-divergent environments: our wild ancestral natural world and our sleek modern conference room.
2. Our target audience is a man who has discovered the natural freedom of barefoot running but must suit-up on the weekdays. He wants the comfort of barefooting but without getting the odd looks that other barefoot shoes attract. By psychographic, he is fiercely independent, active, sophisticated, confident, irreverent, with a brash sense of humor.
3. We are going to take an edgy approach to our marketing. Similar to http://toughmudder.com/ "not your average lame-ass mudrun" attitude. Most people who buy our shoe will be those who already go barefoot and "get it." I want to appeal to them, rather than trying to convince casual passersby that barefooting's good for them.
4. This logo will be molded or stamped somewhere on the shoe, so the SIMPLER the better. Monochrome is a requirement.
5. Please integrate the name "the Primal Professional" into the logo too. I've attached 2 concepts that I like but are not set in stone. The fonts used are You Rook Marbelous, Edo, and Garamond. Please avoid a serif font for the word "PRIMAL" as it looks too much like this http://amzn.to/gfSR4H
Feel free to ask me any additional questions! Thank you for all your creative efforts!