This contest is guaranteed.
Hopkins & Rhodes LLC, an investment firm, is looking for a new logo that instills the qualities of trust, growth and class. The company slogan is “Gateway to Growth”. The logo should incorporate the Colossus of Rhodes, a statue of the Greek Titan Helios, erected in the port on the Greek island of Rhodes between 292 and 280 BC. It is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The Colossus stood at the entrance to the port of the city and is therefore often depicted with a boat going by. A description of the Colossus is on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_of_Rhodes).
To ensure that the logo does not look like the Statue of Liberty (in New York), please take note of the following recommendations:
• No need for a crown / sun headdress
• If a torch is included, should not be raised in right hand straight into the air like the Statue of Liberty
Inspirations and links to images of the Colossus that may help:
2) Picture1: http://imprint.printmag.com/daily-h…-and-gals/
Ideas from the staff of Hopkins & Rhodes, which are directional only, include:
1) Including a boat at the feet of the statue
2) Enclosing the statue in a circle / half circle as appears in some of the artwork (the wall of the port)
• Not set, but prefer one and two color schemes
• Muted themes – possibly Autumnal
• Potentially light or navy blues, maroons, orange gold, beige, brown
The name “Hopkins & Rhodes LLC” should appear underneath or to the right of the logo and appear in a crisp, traditional font. Including the name or letters H & R in the logo is ok, if it is tastefully done, but is not recommended.
All idea designs are welcome.