EpicAdvice is a Community Driven knowledge base powered by World of Warcraft players. We help players at every level of the game find answers to the questions that plague them. We also provide a fun, reputation based system to prove your knowledge of the game. Our website provides an entertaining way to create and maintain an active Knowledge Base. We have already attained a Google PageRank of 5 within our first few months and are growing rapidly.
World of Warcraft players and Video Gamers.
According to "The Daedalus Project"
"From the survey data, the average age of the WoW player is 28.3 (SD = 8.4). 84% of players are male. 16% are female. Female players are significantly older (M = 32.5, SD = 10.0) than male players (M = 28.0, SD = 8.4). On average, they spend 22.7 (SD = 14.1) hours per week playing WoW."
To put it simple: an Epic logo. We are out to create an identity that represents the main stream World of Warcraft community. We need a logo/identity that people will identify with and makes us seem "epic".
Our site is currently up and running in Beta, which you can find at http://epicadvice.com. It is not our final design, so please don't use our colors, unless you can make it way better than what we have.
- Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
- A vector-based logo, illustrator files preferred.
- A rastered version that will fit well into our current website. Exact dimensions are unimportant.
What we would like:
- The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out, maybe emphasizing on "Epic" with advice as a subhead? Be creative!
- Strong in Black and White, stronger with the colors used.
- A unique logo that fits a "Video Game Feel", yet can be sleek and re-usable.
- Design that would work well on many different colored backgrounds (re-usable for other media; ie shirts, coffee mugs, etc)
Some idea's we've had:
- World of Warcraft uses #b048f8 as the "Epic" color in the game, incorporating that purple or something similar would be familiar with our audience.
- Possibly using "Advice" as an "Epic Item", which won't mean much to non-wow players, but kudos to you if you can figure that one out.