We have a logo already, but it's very rudimentary. We're just looking for a more polished, professional version of it.
We designed the logo ourselves, and it looks like it. We have some existing print material with the current logo on it, though, so we want the new logo to look similar enough that offline visitors aren't confused when they hit the site. We don't want to change it too drastically.
Keep in mind when designing that we represent everything from software engineers to sales engineers to biomedical engineers and everything in between.
This is the first step in a complete site redesign.
- Must read "Engineer Jobs.com"
- Ideally, would be able to be displayed in a long rectangular format (e.g. http://www.engineerjobs.com/images/logo.gif) or in a square format (e.g. http://oneclick.jobtarget.com/image…_logo.gif).
- Needs to clearly be a derivative of the current logo.
- Needs to be professional and serious.
- We're not looking for Web 2.0-style graphics or anything that looks targeted toward a younger demographic. Our visitors are mainly over 30 and are either professionals or hiring managers, so we need to convey a professional image.