IMPORTANT CHANGE - 2 Apr 2010
I'd like to focus this contest on the logo itself - the symbol, as opposed to the word mark. Once we have a good brand, we can work on the type treatment separately. So to simplify things for everyone, in all subsequent submissions, please:
- Use Officina Serif or a similar slab serif font.
- Use all lower case (devresults) with "dev" and "results" in different colors from the palette.
- Leave off the tagline ("Project Management for Effective Development").
I hope that by taking the type treatment out of contention you'll be able to focus your efforts on coming up with a symbol that represents this product's capabilities in a powerful way.
A simple, strong logo, plus the word DevResults. (Alternative capitalization OK, e.g. devRESULTS or devResults).
“Project Management for Effective Development”
Primary use is online. We'll need RGB vector artwork (AI, EPS). Consider these usage scenarios, in decreasing order of importance:
- Masthead of primary website (between 200px and 500px across)
- Smaller (100px) grayed-out version for “Managed with DevResults” footer of project websites
- Printed brochure
- Business cards
- Gifts such as polo shirts (monochromatic version)
- Orange (#D8820F)
- Blue (#2625AB)
- Khaki (#D6CDC1)
- Black (#000000)
If necessary, tints and shades of these colors can be used in limited amounts.
The logo should reflect, in decreasing order of importance:
- Accountability, transparency
- Pragmatic, practical, professional
- Simple, easy, fast, interactive, online
- Cutting edge, web 2.0, sleek, high end
- International, global
- Clarity, control, competence
- Action, effectiveness
- Charts, numbers, money, statistics
- Uplift, initiative, autonomy, self-reliance
- Simple, clear, bold
- Solid colors
- Strong, professional typefaces (Minion, Franklin Gothic)
We don’t want:
- “Primitive”, “tribal”, “third-world”
- Stereotypical “third-world” typefaces (Papyrus, Lithos)
- Rustic/distressed effects or textures
Mockup screenshots attached.