We need a creative logo design for our non-profit organization. Nothing edgy but creative. Will be used for letterhead and business cards.
Coalition for School Reform (the name was Coalition for Community School Reform, but we changed it.)
5311 Northfield Road, Suite 120LL
Bedford Heights, Ohio 44146
phone (216) 475-0001
e-mail: CCSRLearning@cs.com (will change based on website)
web address: TBD
1. What is the mission of the non-profit organization?
To provide information, support, expertise and training to Boards, Board members, teachers, staff, volunteers, students and parents of Ohio’s schools; to implement promote and foster improvement in the educational quality of Ohio’s school; to develop and implement financial practices, standards and reporting which require clear accountability of all funds utilized by Ohio’s schools; to develop and implement operational and management practices and standards in Ohio’s schools; and, to develop, implement, promote and foster educational practices, programs and standards of excellence for Ohio’s schools.
To campaign for, receive, hold and apply funds gifts bequests and endowments or the proceeds thereof to any of the purposes herein described, and in general , to do what may be required to effect and carry forward the purpose of this corporation.
2. What are five keywords (one word each) that describes the "culture" of the organization?
Preparing our youth
3. What is the vision of the organization?
To provide state of the art quality educational programming nationwide. We want to be able to provide effective educational programs for at risk students. We also want to effectuate reform in the Ohio school system funding of charter schools and to develop financial transparency for charter schools.
I plan to promote our alternative school concept in Ohio, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, and other states.
4. What are the values of the organization?
Quality education, effective education, complete educational programming which addresses the needs of the students. (We will primarily be addressing at risk(problem) students and vocational training.)
Accountability for our programs and financially.
5. What types of individuals are involved in the organization? (i.e., cross-section, educators, parents) and demographics (men/women, race, socioeconomic, geography)
The organization’s consultants and Board members are 2 PhD’s, 2 judges, a number of individuals with various affiliations.
6. Do you want the name included in the the logo predominately? (OR) a logo "stamp" that can be used with or without the name -- think Nike and the swoosh.
I like the idea of a logo stamp to be available for special use, but we will probably need the name included.
I envisioned the following logos:
1. A symbol or abstract drawing that represented recycling/reforming and working together.
2. Creatively combining or layering the letters.
3. Colors – I like pastels and colors that work good together. Nothing too bold like black and yellow together.
3. Be creative I’ll know what I like when I see it.
7. What are the uses of the logo? Any use outside of the scope of typical usage (i.e., signage, shirt embroidery/silk screening)?
1. Logo for Letterhead, business card, website, pamphlet.
2. Letterhead and Business Cards – (need a basic design for both, also word document template for letterhead)
3. Logo should be in a format that is transferrable to a word document or any application and should have a transparent background.
Format: AI, high quality applications
- Good subtle mix of colors
- an application for letterhead, word document letterhead template, business cards and pamphlet
- Will also be used for Website
- I do not like bold and offensive colors like black and yellow together