* Transparent background (unless your logo is a solid box)
* Vector art
* Final artwork we accept should be an editable Illustrator file
* Can be as colorful as you like, but should translate well into 2-color and BW
* Nothing too complex; clean and simple is good
* The event is playful and whimsical, but no heavily child-themed elements, please.
* Our event font is Skippy Sharpie but you are encouraged to experiment beyond this font.
* Nothing too wide or too tall. We prefer something that trends toward a 3:2 ratio; wider than tall. Oval would be okay too.
* Focus on the main image. The words can come later. We need a defining illustration that can stand alone and fully represent the event without the event title.
* Harsh weather must be conveyed
* Cycling must be conveyed, but using a bike may not work well. Consider other elements that convey cycling.
THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
We are excited to see your designs! We will rate the submitted images and eliminate ones we do not like. This gives you the opportunity to hone and re-submit your design if you'd like.
***** : You are a top contender
**** : Really close, looking good, you're headed in the right direction
*** : We like this general concept, but it needs work
** : A valiant effort, but this needs a lot of work
* : We will eliminate logos with one star
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.