We are trying to communicate how data collected from field workers is captured electronically, uploaded to the cloud and then through lots of processing, this information is refined / distilled into smaller amount of information that is essential for scientists and researchers and policy makers.
The key concepts we are trying to get across are:
1. The diversity of data that we can consume
2.The fact that this information refined in the cloud
3.The fact that smaller amounts of more useful data emerges
Datos a incluir en la infografía
We don't have specific quantitative data to add to the graph at this time, but could add the amount of different types of data processed (e.g. 500GB of video, 250MB of image data, etc.)
Elementos para incluir en la infografía
I don't want to be overly prescriptive of how this is laid out, but do want:
- good icons for the different types of data feeds
- good icons for the people that differentiate field crews from scientists and policy makers.
- since we work on streams and forests, could somehow integrate those elements with the field crews
- need a good analogy that illustrates the harvesting of raw data, the processing of that data, and the delivery of refined data. Could be a funnel, could be some sort of agriculture (farm, process, package, consume), or it could be a water resource type analogy - collect, process, pipe out to customer faucets. Again, these are just ideas.
- Want to come up with good icons that describe dashboard type data products coming out - graphs, plots, gas guages, etc.
I've attached a terrible sketch, but it's a start :-)
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte