The Dragonfly Effect / Vonavona Ventures
We are a husband and wife team. An academic gal and a tech marketing guy. Both of us are passionate about putting social media to work on non-trival efforts -- supporting causes that drive social change, often in conjunction with a profit motive. We believe that by combining an understanding of consumer behavior, psychology and marketing strategy, the net good created by social technology will increase dramatically.
Our upcoming book is called The Dragonfly Effect http://thedragonflyeffect.com is where you'll find the alpha website.
The market for our book ranges from the motivated individual that will not stop until they find a bone marrow match for their dying friend up through a Fortune 100 company that knows that their future lies in fundamentally tying what's good for them, their employees and shareholders with what's good for the world.
We expect that the most likely buyers of the book will come from marketing, internet and corporate social responsibility roles within non-profits and mid-to large sized companies.
Create Iconography – a library of quick-reading visual signposts to orient people to themes and sections of the book.
Will be used online, in the book, promo material, PPT, etc. Icons are a visual shorthand for concepts.
We want 7 icons developed. We have included a description of the concept and visuals that communicate effectively. Consider them inspiration, seek to communicate their general ideas. If you have a clearly better idea, please go for it, but since this is a quick contest and we will only have the time and bandwidth to give feedback for refinement to one or two finalists, use your judgment and submit multiple approaches for each icon as you see fit.
2) Grab Attention
4) Take/Enable Action
5) Ripple Effect 1
6) Ripple Effect 2
7) Emotion Contagion
1) Applications and size of presentation will range from black and white, 1 inch square (inside the book) to full-screen projection in PowerPoint and or video (where color may also be used)
2) All 7 elements should look like a family - consistent style, size, etc. Should also be stylistically compatible with the dragonfly art in the attachments.
3) Visual inspirations, and definition of terms are described in the attachment.
4) Style: modern, gender-neutral and consistent with Web 2 style.
5) Deliverables are layered art in Adobe Illustrator and png, and a guideline tool for the family.