Need a set of standard size Web badges created, for the happy users of my company's product (a software development tool) to link back to our Web site.
Our product is used to optimize, protect, and package Java applications. We have sponsored a few non-commercial projects linking back to us and also have some happy customers willing to link back. Also have some component vendors testing their products against ours. Need some nice Web badges for all those links.
All badges must have one of the following texts:
- "Works with Excelsior JET"
- "Optimized with Excelsior JET"
- "Optimized and protected with Excelsior JET"
- "Optimized and packaged with Excelsior JET"
- "Optimized, protected, and packaged with Excelsior JET" if you can fit that on the badge and keep it readable.The badges may also include one or more of the following:
- Our company logo
- Our product icon
- A call-to-action button: "Learn more", "Free download", or "Download now"
- Java Compatible logo (this one may only be used under permission from Sun Microsystems, so please do not reuse the graphics in your other projects)
- Product URL: http://www.excelsiorjet.com or http://www.ExcelsiorJET.com
- Descriptive text, e.g. "Java(tm) SE technology implementation with a native compiler"To give you a better idea of what I am looking for, I have put together a small collection of third-party badges. Please do not assume that I particularly like any of them, but note that the last of the MadeWith* files has some text typeset in a pretty small yet legible font. Also included in the zip file are a few pieces of existing artwork that you may use, such as our product icons and company logo.
(Logos are rasterized, I will provide vector files to the winner to finalize the design.)
Finally, is my first contest, so please bear with me. If there will be good designs, I am ready to increase the prize to have their authors create more variations. If it all works in the end, I will post Guaranteed contests in the future.
- At least two variations with white and black (or dark) background. (Ifyou decide to do more variations, please keep backgrounds neutral so asto fit any Web design and not attract too much attention of the visitor.)
- One or more of these sizes: 110x32, 120x60, 125x50, 180x60. Do a 88x31 if you can fit the text in.
- Format: PSD or XCF with text layers kept as text so that we could change e.g. the description.
- Either standard or freely available fonts
- No fancy fonts please. Have I already stressed the importance of readability? We also want to be able to edit the texts
- No need to align with the color scheme of our Web site.