Small Woorld is a book of quotes from ecommerce entrepreneurs around the world. The quotes come from 18 different entrepreneurs based on 5 different continents. Despite the geographical divide between these store owners, they are united by building their online store on top of the same eCommerce platform - WooCommerce.
The name of the book, “Small Woorld”, conveys:
* the entrepreneurs run small businesses (i.e. not bajillion dollar startups)
* spread across the entire world (i.e. not in one physical location, like Silicon Valley)
* they all use WooCommerce
To capture these themes, the physical form of the book is a small 6x6 inch square with bite sized photographs and quotations.
We need a dust jacket (i.e. front and back cover) design for this book that captures this small world theme in a modern, attractive design.
The best inspiration we can provide for this is the 2015 Pentatonix album cover visible here: https://cloudup.com/cUVGtoeVb6X
A design for the book cover based on some of the fundamental elements of that album cover will perfectly capture the themes we want to covey because:
1. it includes 5 different colours, representing the 5 continents
2. the colours are translucent and overlapping, unifying the different colours/people just as the people quoted in our book are unified by WooCommerce
3. the name “Pentatonix” is captured within the negative space of the colours, signifying that the name and band comes from the combination of all the people not any one individual
What will be different is that our book will include imagery of the world/Earth, or a graphical representation or the world, like a circle or possibly 5x different circles, instead of people.
The book cover therefore should include:
1. graphical imagery representing the world
2. the name of the book: Small Woorld (most likely captured in the negative space of the world imagery)
3. colours based on the Pentatonix cover
The back cover is extremely simple and only needs to include:
1. “Proudly published by Prospress” with “Prospress” using the company’s logo (attached).