I need a 6X9 cover for a book entitled: The Richest Woman in the World by M.G. Bagby. The book is set in South Florida and is about the robber-baron era in America -- at the turn of the century (1890 to early twenties). See the synopsis below. This is an historical ROMANCE, geared towards women readers. We would like the project to be in Illustrator and need original files. We need the cover, as well as the cover with spine and back cover. We are attaching some photos from the era BUT PLEASE DO NOT USE any of these in the brief you create as we do not have rights to them. They are for a feeling of the era only.
1) Files must be created in CMYK mode. No spot/Pantone colors.
2) We would like the covers to be designed using Adobe Illustrator, and not rasterized.
3) Any graphics used in the creation of the cover should be originals or not have any licensing restrictions for commercial use.
4) The final page count of the book interior determines the spine width, so there will be fine-tuning of the covers once we have an actual page count and can give you the actual spine width.
5) For the preliminary designs, you can use the following dimensions for a 6" x 9" book:
Back Cover + Spine + Front Cover
.125" bleed + 6" + .5" spine + 6" + .125" bleed means a total file width of 12.75"
The height of the file would be .125" bleed + 9" + .125" bleed = 9.25"
The live area for the above would be .375" in from the above outer measurements.
6) Sending a .pdf or a high-resolution .jpg is perfect for proofing purposes, but we will want all original Illustrator files as well as all working files used to create the covers in Illustrator. Once the proof is approved, it would be fine to outline the fonts in Illustrator if you used a font that we might not have.
7) Bar code area: Place a 2" wide x 1.2" high white box on the back cover. Position it with the bottom edge .375" up from the bottom of the cover, and with the right edge of the box .25" away from the left edge of the spine.
8) We would like our logo and name on the back cover. It's available in different formats, including all black, all white, and in color, depending on your design.